Thursday, March 15, 2012

Houseplant Villages

I have become newly obsessed with the idea of turning all of my house plants into tiny villages for tiny, invisible people.

Cottage Town, designed by Ontwerpduo: Tineke Beunders and Nathan Wierink. Photos by Lisa Klappe.
Used with permission from the owner.

Bonsai-B, by Takanori Aiba
Little Blue Cabin Living Terrarium on Etsy, by bakerkristen

In fact, I already bought a tiny metal-cast soldier to hang out in my jade plant. Now all he needs is a castle to protect.

3 comments:

  1. The interesting thing about this, to me, is that these are all completed structures. I think this art form cries out for a building that's in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic and yes, yes you do need to create such things in your own place.

    ReplyDelete